MSR - Mutha Hubba NX Tent - 3 Person, 3 Season Hiking Tent
Lightweight, quality, 3 person shelter
Notify me when back in stock
Newly redesigned, the best-selling, freestanding 3-person backpacking tent has reinvented lightweight livability for three. Weighing in at just 2 kg / 4 lb 7 oz—a full .88 kg / 1 lb 15 oz lighter than before—the MSR® Mutha Hubba NX tent is the ideal tent for a minimalist trio backpacking deep into the Sierras in the heat of summer, or tackling the Appalachian Trail for an extended trip in the spring. The easy-to-assemble 3-person tent features a unified, symmetrical frame and non-tapered floor to maximize space, two easy setup options, plenty of head and elbow room throughout, and the most livable accommodations for 3-season conditions.
MSR, for over 40 years, have manufactured high end, cutting edge, innovative products for hiking, trekking, skiing, snowshoeing and expeditions. It was established by Larry Penberthy, an engineer and climber, in the late 1960's. He was keen to investigate why climbing gear failed and began testing equipment. From the results of these tests he found he was able to design products that were stronger and functioned better than what had come before. Today MSR, now owned by Cascade Designs, still sets the standard for high performance equipment for the outdoor industry, including tents, stoves, snowshoes, cookware, water treatment, trekking poles and snow tools.
- Ultralight: Minimum weight is 2 kg / 4 lb 7 oz; Fast & Light® option is just 1.46 kg / 3 lb 4 oz.
- Maximum Space: Head and elbow room throughout tent; two large side-entry vestibules to store gear.
- Livable: Two large StayDry™ doors door with built-in rain gutters; adaptable, cross-ventilating rainfly.
- Easy Setup & Packing: Unified hub-and-pole system with color-coded clips; ultra-compact compression stuff sack.
- Optimized symmetrical geometry and non-tapered floor
- Large, easy-entry D-shaped StayDry™ door and vestibule
- Side entry zipper orientation
- Rainfly kickstand vent
- Adjustable rainfly (roll-up vestibule & stargazer view)
- Light gray rainfly color (neutral light)
- Adjustable integrated stake-out loops
- Lightweight reflective guy-outs
- Durable high-tenacity nylon fabrics
- Reinforced Infinity bar tacks and lap-felled seams
- Durashield™-coated rainfly and bathtub-style floor
- Compression stuff sack with pull handle
|Minimum Weight w/o footprint||1460g|
|Vestibule Area||1.67 (.84 + .84)m²|
|Tent Volume||3511 litres|
|Vestibule Volume||538 (269 + 269) litres|
|Interior Peak Height||112cm|
|Packed Size||53 x 17cm|
|Number of Doors||2|
|Number of Poles||1 DAC Featherlite NFL|
|Number of Stakes||8 MSR MiniGroundhog|
|Also included||2 guy cords, 2 aluminum cord adjusters|
|Rainfly Fabric||20D ripstop nylon 1200mm Durashield™ polyurethane & silicone|
|Canopy Fabric||20D ripstop nylon|
|Mesh Type||15D nylon micromesh|
|Floor Fabric||30D ripstop nylon 3000mm DuraShield polyurethane & DWR|
|Country of Origin||Made in Taiwan|
MSR Mutha Hubba NX Dimensions:
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Kellys Basecamp users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.